65g pure icing sugar
55g almond meal
53g Egg white (about 2), at room temperature, left out overnight
33g caster sugar
2-3 drops pink food colouring
Lemon Curd filling (Will upload recipe soon)
- Process icing sugar and almond meal in a food processor until finely ground, triple-sift into a large bowl and set aside. Whisk egg white in an electric mixer until soft peaks form (1-2 minutes).
- Add caster sugar, a tablespoon at a time, whisking continuously until incorporated and mixture is thick and glossy (2-3 minutes), then add food colouring. Stir in almond mixture in batches until incorporated and mixture slowly slides down sides of bowl when bowl is tilted.
- Add remaining egg white to loosen mixture, spoon into a piping bag with a 1cm plain nozzle, pipe 3cm-diameter rounds of mixture onto heavy baking-paper-lined oven trays, stand until a crust begins to form (4-5 hours).
- Preheat oven to 140C. Bake macarons until firm but not coloured, swapping trays halfway through cooking (10-12 minutes), set aside, cool completely on trays.
- Then sandwich the macarons with the lemon curd filling and serve.