- 940 ml Chicken Broth, Divided
- 32 ml Olive Oil, Divided
- 300 g White Mushrooms, Thinly Sliced
- 100 g Green Peas
- 2 White Onion, Finely Chopped
- 250 g Bacon Stripes
- 220 g Risotto Rice
- Salt to Taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 36 g Butter
- 16 g Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a saucepan, warm the broth over low heat.
- Warm 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Stir in the bacon and cook until liquid from bacon has disappeared and the bacon is a little crispy. Put into a bowl with its liquid.
- Warm 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms and their liquid, and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and stir in the onion. Cook for 1 minute. Add rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 2 minutes. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden colour add 1/4 of the broth to the rice, and stir until broth is absorbed.
- Continue adding broth 1/4 at a time, continuously stirring, until the broth is finished and absorbed about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms, bacon and peas along with Butter and Parmesan. Season with salt, pepper and any herbs necessary to taste.
- Then serve and enjoy