My little sister was also in a baking mood so decided to do a Lemon Drizzle Cake but with not a lot of drizzle. She didn’t understand the drizzle part and didn’t add all of the lemon drizzle on to make the cake glisten. She didn’t want me to interfere so I couldn’t help. Nevertheless it tasted pretty good.
88g self-raising flour
½ teaspoon Baking Powder
88g Stork Packet
88g Caster Sugar
2 medium eggs
1 tablespoons milk
1 lemon rinds, finely grated
1 lemons, juiced and strained
58g caster sugar
- Start by preheating your oven to 180°C, 350°F or gas mark 4.
- Then sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl, add the remaining cake ingredients and beat together until smooth.
- Grease and line the base of a loaf tin and spoon in the mixture.
- Bake for an 35 minutes or until cooked.
- Turn the cake out.
- Warm the lemon juice and sugar together.
- And now for the main event, drizzle the lemony syrup all over the cake and watch it soak in.