Adapted from: Chinese Food Eye
- 4-6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons Orange Juice (Instead of 3 tablespoons bourbon whiskey and 2 tablespoon(s) ,white wine)
- 2 cups Long Grain Rice
Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, finely chopped garlic, ginger, onion and orange juice (or whiskey and white wine) in a large bowl.
Cook pork until browned. Add marinade and simmer on a low heat.
Wash rice in a bowl. Then transfer to a pot and cook for 25 minutes or until soft. Add salt to rice whilst cooking if needed.
Stir pork and use a fork to check if the pork is soft. Then taste to see if any extra seasoning needs to be added. Add a few drops of browning liquid and stir.
Serve the rice and pork on a plate and enjoy.
I used orange juice instead of whiskey and wine because I had no whiskey. It tasted really good though and would recommend the orange juice.