Happy Independence Day!!
I’m not american but it’s a huge occasion in america so I thought i’d celebrate with them. Here’s a recipe to help celebrate Independence Day.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® cake mix (any flavor)
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker® Whipped frosting (any flavor)
- 1 bag (14 oz) candy melts (any flavor)
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Craft sticks (flat wooden sticks with round ends)
- Betty Crocker® assorted candy sprinkles
- Block of white plastic foam
- Line several cookie sheets with waxed paper. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 13×9-inch pan, using water, oil and eggs. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- With fingers, crumble cake into large bowl. Add frosting; mix well with fingers until dough forms. Shape into quarter-size balls; place on cookie sheets. Freeze about 15 minutes.
- When ready to assemble, in small microwavable bowl, microwave candy melts uncovered as directed on bag. Stir in shortening until smooth and mixture runs off spoon.
- Remove cake pop balls from freezer. Dip tip of each craft stick into melted candy, then halfway into 1 cake ball; place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
- When all cake balls have sticks, gently swirl 1 cake ball in melted candy to coat well; allow candy to drip back into bowl. Dip ball into candy sprinkles to decorate; place in plastic foam to allow candy to harden. Repeat with remaining cake balls and melted candy.
Recipe and Pictures from Betty Crocker Website