- 3 very ripe bananas
- 63ml vegetable oil
- 58g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 168g caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
- Mash the bananas and vegetable oil together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the mashed banana mixture until well combined.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, ground spices and salt together in another bowl and lightly fold into the banana mixture. Add the raisins and pecans and fold together lightly.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the cupcake tins and bake in the oven for an 45 minutes, or until risen and golden-brown. Check after 20 minutes and reduce the oven temperature slightly if the loaves are browning too quickly on the top, or cover the loaves loosely with aluminium foil.
- Remove the cupcakes from the tin and allow to cool. Then make the Strawberry Buttercream Icing.
Strawberry Buttercream Icing
Recipe from Here
- 140g butter, softened
- 280g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- few drops strawberry essence colouring
- Beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half of the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining icing sugar and one tablespoon of the milk and beat the mixture until creamy and smooth. Beat in the milk, if necessary, to loosen the mixture.
- Stir in the food colouring until well combined.
- Then spoon or pipe the icing onto the cupcakes and finished with a fresh strawberry.