Creamy pasta is one of my favourites because it’s extremely delicious and takes less than 30 minutes to cook. Your guaranteed a delicious pasta dish every time.
- 500g Penne Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 300g button mushrooms, sliced
- 200g bacon, rind removed, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 300ml cream
- 250ml milk
- Pinch of black pepper
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain. Return to saucepan.
- Heat oil and butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat until sizzling. Add mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, or until light golden. Remove to a plate.
- Add bacon to frying pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until crisp. Sprinkle flour over bacon. Stir until well combined. Remove frying pan from heat. Slowly add cream and milk, stirring constantly until combined. Return frying pan to heat. Bring to the boil. Add mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sauce to pasta. Cook over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Spoon into bowls, sprinkle with black pepper and serve.